Dr. Eoin O'Sullivan MB, BAO, BCh, MRCPI, MD
Dr. Eoin O’Sullivan was appointed as Consultant Endocrinologist at the Bon Secours Hospital Cork in 2011. A UCC graduate, his initial training was in Cork, followed by time in Dublin, Galway and Scotland. His main interest lies in diabetes and having worked in bariatric units here in Ireland and the UK, he oversees the management of patients with diabetes before, during and after bariatric surgery.
He has produced 30+ peer-reviewed publications and 50+ abstracts from presentations at national and international meetings.
Selection of publications:
- O'Sullivan EP, Avalos G, O'Reilly M, Dennedy MC, Gaffney G, Dunne FP; Atlantic DIP collaborators. Atlantic DIP: the prevalence and consequences of gestational diabetes in Ireland. Ir Med J. 2012 May;105(5 Suppl):13-5.
- O’Sullivan EP, Avalos G, O’Reilly M, Dennedy MC, Gaffney G, Dunne F; for the ATLANTIC DIP Collaborators. ATLANTIC DIP: the prevalence and outcomes of gestational diabetes mellitus using new diagnostic criteria. Diabetologia 2011 Jul;54(7):1670-1675. Epub 2011 Apr 15.
- O'Sullivan EP, Ashley DT, Davenport C, Devlin N, Crowley R, Agha A, Thompson CJ, O'Gorman D, Smith D. Osteoprotegerin and biomarkers of vascular inflammation in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2010 Sep;26(6):496-502.
- O’Sullivan EP, Woods C, Glynn N, Behan LA, Crowley R, O’Kelly P, Smith D, Thompson CJ, Agha A. The natural history of surgically treated but radiotherapy naïve non-functioning pituitary adenomas. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2009 Nov;71(5):709-14. Epub 2009 Mar 19
- O'Sullivan EP, McDermott JH, Murphy MS, Sen S, Walsh CH. Declining prevalence of diabetes mellitus in hereditary haemochromatosis--the result of earlier diagnosis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008; 81(3):316-320